The EFA 2019 Annual Meeting offers three sessions in collaboration with the Bank for International Settlements, the European Central Bank, and the Norges Bank Investment Management.
Papers for the special sessions will undergo the same submission and review process as regular paper submissions. Submitting to special sessions means that you are submitting to the main conference. The papers for these special sessions will be chosen from the pool submitted to the conference.
Bank for International Settlements
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) encourages the submission of papers on the topic Exchange Rates and Financial Conditions:
- Through which channels does the exchange rate affect domestic financial conditions? What is the relative importance of trade vs financial channels?
- Do exchange rate policies have side effects on the financial system? How does FX intervention affect domestic financial conditions?
- What role should exchange rates play in monetary policy and financial stability frameworks?
European Central Bank
Norges Bank Investment Management
Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) encourages the submission of papers on the topic:
Understanding the long-run drivers of asset prices
- Asset pricing in an international context
- Institutional investor demand, lending supply and asset prices
- Tradable risk factors and their links to the macro economy
We welcome theoretical and empirical papers aiming to understand the longer-run determinants of asset prices, especially in an international context.